Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Research Technician will provide technical assistance in support of research efforts being carried out in the Campbell research group in the Divisions of Biology and Biological Engineering and Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
- Grows mammalian cells in Vitro.
- Carries out viral transfections and siRNA transfections.
- Analyzes effects of knockdown of various DNA repair genes in mammalian cells by flow cytometry and clongenicity assays.
- Assists in mouse xenograft experiments testing inhibitors of DNA repair enzymes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working in a molecular biology and biochemistry laboratory.
- Proficient in tissue culture and cell maintenance techniques.
- Proficient in techniques involved in growth and transfection of mammalian cells in Vitro.
- Knowledge of basic molecular and cellular biology.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
- Experience working in a tissue culture facility and in viral transfections and siRNA transformations.
- Experience with mouse xenografts.
- Mouse husbandry experience.