Successful candidates shall provide the research, technology development, engineering, and project planning activities in Advanced Robotics Centre (ARC) as a multi-disciplinary skillset Team, in order to lead and deliver a research project on building façade inspection and capabilities in drone piloting, 3D reconstruction modelling, Geospatial software applications, Cloud-based workflow management.
This research project is in collaboration with governmental agencies and industry partners for development of AI, Deep and Machine Learning, Autonomous Technology and Robotics innovative solution into the field test-bedding, pre-commercialization and early industry deployment.
The successful candidates will contribute in the planning, coordination and execution of a research project in the façade inspection of tall buildings. Using AI, Deep and Machine Learning techniques; with development of new methods and algorithms into an innovative technologically advanced inspection solution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Industrial, Systems, Computer Engineering and Science or Technology Management. Candidates with substantial years of experience equivalent to post-graduate training in related discipline or within relevant field of industrial practice are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- Preferably with at least 2 years of involvement in research and project work within institution of higher learning, especially in the area of technology development. Those with commercialization experiences and innovation capabilities in carrying out research translation activities will be advantageous
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills with ability to work independently
- Familiarity with OpenCV and PCL
- Experience in Tensorflow and PyTorch
- Experience in algorithm development and deployment
- Strong background and application of 3DS max, BIM and Revit Architecture
- Strong leadership skills to lead of researchers, will be advantageous
- Experience with Photogrammetry will be advantageous
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Civil And Environmental Engineering