Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Research Associate directly work with senior postdoctoral fellows in the lab to perform research. The Research Associate will learn how to develop small molecule and protein drugs for cancer and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Cell culture for testing mycoplasma contamination for everyone’s samples monthly
- Cell culture for growing cancer cell lines and assay anti-cancer compounds using the established protocols in Chou lab
- Protein overexpression and purifications in both E. Coli and mammalian cells
- Maintain and coordinate use of laboratory equipment and prepare laboratory stocks, buffers..etc
- Implement and maintain appropriate lab practices and infrastructure
- Consult PI and other laboratory staff to refine and adapt methodology to fit evolving research requirements and experimental parameters
- Must work well in a team
- Excellent attention to details and organizational skills
- Excellent laboratory skills
- BS or BA in molecular biology, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, genetics or equivalent
- Basic computer skills