Employee and Organizational Development Specialist
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Reporting to the Director of Employee & Organizational Development (EOD), the EOD Specialist provides support to the EOD team members by providing excellent customer service to those who send inquiries to EOD, while navigating in a sensitive and confidential environment.
- Provides administrative support to members of the EOD team, including but not limited to completion of written communication, formal employment documents, and presentations.
- Conducts organizational analysis and reviews to identify possible problems, solutions and recommendations for operational improvement to meet strategic goals.
- Answer the EOD phone line and conduct an intake assessment from callers, summarizing the information and determining next steps including Consultant assignment.
- Coordinates and/or conducts staff exit interviews.
- Under the direction of the EOD Consultants/Director, participate in and support Caltech events, training sessions or other staff programs, as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- 3 - 5 years related work experience, or a combination of education and related experience.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to utilize critical thinking and de-escalating emotional communication.
- The ability to be collaborative while working in a complex and fast-paced organization.
- A general working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Fluent Spanish speaking, reading and writing.
- Experience in the development, roll out and/or facilitation of training sessions.