Assistant Research Lab Technician
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The successful candidate will work on the FQNET (Fermilab Quantum Network) experiment as part of the INQNET (Intelligent Quantum Networks and Technology) program, and on the Caltech Precision Timing (CPT) laboratory focused on the development of detectors for Phase 2 upgrades for the CMS experiment.
The candidate will focus on the optimization of the quantum teleportation metrics for the FQNET protocol, including optimization of the data acquisition system and system integration of the instrumentation. The candidate will also work on the development of the classical backend for synchronization of component clocks and feedback control systems.
The candidate will be stationed remotely at Fermilab in Batavia, Illinois.
- Development and system integration of instruments and data acquisition system of the FQNET experiment expansion at FCC
- Development, implementation, and operations of automated workflows to optimize components of quantum teleportation protocols
- Development of clock synchronization protocols and feedback control protocols using the classical backend
- Designing, modeling, and testing of modules for the CMS timing detector
- Interface with the CPT and INQNET team members
- BS in Physics, Applied Physics or a related field and lab research experience
- Experience in detector instrumentation research
- Experience in system integration of scientific instruments and high bandwidth data acquisition systems
- Knowledge of modern data analysis techniques and coding