ORGANIZATION NAME Temp Researcher Internal Fund
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
To provide high-quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University .Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication
Exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic interdisciplinary research group whose focus is to determine biomarkers associated with the high prevalence of diabetes in the UAE. As a research assistant working in the Department of Chemistry, you will have the unique opportunity of utilizing your analytical chemistry skills within the burgeoning field of metabonomics enabling new biomarker discoveries associated with non-communicable diseases.
The operational responsibilities of the RA include:
- Provide technical experience in carrying out the research projects
- Assist in the design of experiments, techniques, and protocols
- Collect and analyze data from experimental procedures and discuss results with the principal investigator
- Document experimental results and maintain an organized laboratory notebook
- Publish research results in a journal appropriate to the field in a timely manner, and may present findings in a meeting
- Assist in general laboratory operation
- Contribute to University-wide working groups or committees as requested
- Fosters service by contributing to the community at large in a participatory, developmental, and advisory capacity
- Support and participate in research activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or any related science major
- A minimum of 2 years of experience is required
- Candidate must be able to work independently
- Analytical instrumentation 1H NMR, HPLC, and MS-based technologies
- Must demonstrate a proven track record of, or high potential for, high-quality scientific research, as evidenced by their publication records and/or letters of recommendation
- Candidates interested in translational research and entrepreneurship are encouraged to apply
- Experience in metabon(l)omics and utilizing mathematical programming tools such as R or MATLAB.
Interested applicants must sent their updated CV to email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).