Head of UX, Media & Tech
7 days left
- Full Time
King's vision is to be the UK leader in online and blended programmes by 2029 featuring as a transformative initiative in King's vision 2029. In fewer than four years, King's Online have partnered with faculties to create nine fully online Masters programmes and now have approaching 2,500 registered students.
The Head of UX, Media & Tech will bring their passion for design and education to lead the cross collaboration of designers, developers and content creators at King's Online to deliver online courses and enable online students to have a world-leading student experience. You will lead a collaborative, thoughtful, and imaginative team of experts in technology, video, user experience and web development, with direct responsibility for the Learning Technology Manager, the UX Manager and the Media Manager.
You will have a relentless focus on teacher and learner experience using the digital learning environment for online education, following data-driven innovation approaches to create the team's vision going forward and the product roadmap. You will work to balance business requirements and creative quality to find innovative solutions to deliver continuous improvements. You will also balance an understanding of the technological options provided by our platforms and tools with an insight into effective digital pedagogy and innovative learning methods to create a holistic strategy for the design of online courses
The ideal profile of the role holder will bring their passion for digital education innovation, wide range of design disciplines and cutting edge technologies and their belief in the transformational power of Higher Education to be a key member of the senior leadership team in Online, Professional & Executive Education.
- Lead the UX, Media and Tech team, providing a clear direction for their work
- Provide a clear product strategy and roadmap, with clear emphasis on inter-dependencies, ownership, effort and impact.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement in our design processes and lead the Innovation Workstream, working in close collaboration with the wider team on research and development projects.
- Set clear design principles to guide the team creating best in class online courses.
- Work with the leadership team to develop new products leading on digital design and development, such as micro-credentials, open/closed online CPD and Executive Education.
- Overseeing the work of our game-based learning team, based in Cornwall.
- Be an ambassador for excellence in learning design across King's
- Promote sustainability, scalability, efficiency and excellence in all of our digital products and design processes
- Provide leadership in the delivery of the King's Education Strategy and Vision 2029
- Actively participate in internal and external networks in order to promote King's and share best practice
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of data-driven innovation and user centred design
- Ability to deliver compelling presentations and demonstrations toa articulate a vision
- Understanding of User Experience research & design principles, and ability to apply them in a scalable manner
- Understanding of educational technologies and their implementation
- Understanding of high-level video and audio production
- Track record of applying design methodologies or design thinking to education
- Experience of developing strategies for innovation
- Highly organised with a proactive approach to work
- Able to see opportunities and capitalise on them
- Able to motivate a creative team and empower people to do their best work
- Ability to promote and enable a culture of collaboration
- Postgraduate degree or qualification in a discipline relevant to online learning
- Experience of working in higher education