Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Research Scientist with expertise in granular materials for civil engineering and structural applications. In particular, the successful candidate must be able to design computer simulations and analyze data for an ongoing research project.
- Consult on ongoing research projects involving granular materials and structures
- Conduct and analyze computer simulations to study engineering problems
- Conduct literature research; provide scientific information for research reports, journals and/or articles; participate in lab discussions
- Other duties as assigned
- M.S. degree in Applied Mechanics or Civil Engineering
- PhD in Applied Mechancis of Civil Engineering
- Experience with level set discrete element simulation