We are looking for researchers to join a team carrying out research project on emissions from maritime industry that are of concern to Singapore and the world.
- Modelling the historical emissions and projecting future emissions from international shipping
- Contribute to the research project of emissions from international shipping including journal and conference publications, and funding proposals.
- Carry out administrative tasks, including preparation of presentations and other tasks assigned by the PI.
Possess a Master/Bachelor degree in the fields of computer science, maritime engineering, energy modelling, industrial systems engineering, or other related quantitative research fields.
- A good understanding and interest in the nature of international shipping, energy usage in maritime industry, dynamic discussions on emission-related issues in international shipping
- Relevant research experience in emission modelling especially in field of maritime industry
- Prior experience with handling big data, especially vessel AIS data, will be a plus.
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python, and preferably experience with simulation models or packages
- Have a strong written and oral command of the English language.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Industrial Systems Engineering And Management