Research Fellow, Department of Biomedical Engineering
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with relevant training and expertise in robotics system design, sensing, and control to at the NUS Biorobotics Lab with the Department of Biomedical Engineering. Depending on the education background and experience, candidate will be employed as Research Assistant, Research Associate, or Research Fellow to work on wearable robotics and human robot interaction. General scope of work including: mechanism design, real-time control system software development, dynamic modeling, control system design, intelligent sensing, AI and machining learning, human biomechanics analysis and testing.
Candidate should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical engineering, Computer Science, or Biomedical Engineering. The candidates should have expertise and practical experience and track record in at least one of the following technical areas:
- Robot mechanisms and actuators design. Robot arm, robotic hand and end effectors, mobile platforms, kinematics and dynamics modelling and analysis. Practical experience with design for manufacturing.
- Hardware and software development with embedded system, real-time control, and ROS.
- Intelligent control system design for robotics systems.
- Wearable robotics, exoskeletons, and rehabilitation robots.
- Human biomechanics, human sensory motor control, neuroscience, neuro-rehabilitation.
- Intelligent sensing and machine learning, including visual and tactile, for robot manipulation and grasping.
- Design and control for physical human robot interaction.
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written English.
- Strong track record of publication of high impact journal papers for candidates with PhD degrees.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Biomedical Engineering