Research Fellow, Industrial Systems Engineering And Management
This position involves working on a project related to traffic signal control at multiple intersections. The objective of this position includes contributing to the model development, solution and implementation of robust traffic signal control of the intersections using optimization methods. The role involves the opportunity to work with the research team within National University of Singapore in which the team leaders are from the Department of Industrial Systems Engineering & Management, the Department of Mechanical Engineering, and Specialists from a high technology company. An ideal candidate will be one who is self-motivated with track record in optimization, computer science, industrial engineering, or transportation disciplines with some experience in processing big data. The main research tasks for the project includes:
- Developing prediction models for traffic demand.
- Developing optimization models for network-wide traffic signal timing coordination.
- Designing and implementing solution algorithms for obtaining optimal traffic signal timings.
- Model calibration, validation and scenario implementation tests.
- PhD in Operations Research, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Transport Engineering related subjects.
- Experience in developing/applying data-driven models in transportation or big-data related projects.
- Ability to proficiently use at least one programming language, e.g. Python, Java, C#, C++, MATLAB, Julia, to perform computational and simulation experiments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good teamwork and leadership, self-motivated with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in English language.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Industrial Systems Engineering And Management