Research Associate, Power Electronics
Energy Research Institute @ NTU invites applications for the position of Research Associate.
- Establish Power Converter Health Monitoring Capabilities
- Lead the development of condition monitoring and prognostic solutions for electrical components and systems.
- Maintain a good understanding of industrial standards (aerospace & marine) of electrical system
- Master's degree in in Electrical Engineering (with major in Power Electronics)
- Significant industrial and technology commercialization experience is preferable
- Strong technical knowledge and hardware experience of power electronics converter topologies and power semiconductor devices which are applicable for high voltage and power application
- Strong technical knowledge of power converter health monitoring system design and development, condition monitoring algorithm development and implementation
- Experience in schematic design, modelling and time domain simulation software for power converter design Experience in commercial solutions development i.e. from concept to final product. Preferred experience with MATLAB/ Simulink
- Experience in the development of commercial high-power and high-voltage power electronics converters for electric drives, power supplies and power conditioners
- Familiarity with different industrial standards for electrical system is an essential and knowledge/exposure of aerospace and marine standards will be advantageous
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- An ability to achieve targets while working on multiple projects simultaneously
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.