Research Associate, Composite Materials
A Research Associate position is available in Rolls-Royce@NTU Corporate Lab.
You will be part of the research team in a key role in planning and conducting research in the area of composite materials, repair, and joints.
- Developing tools for the detection of damage in composite structures
- Constructively propose original ideas and innovative solutions suitable for composites based structural repair research activities
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative analysis as appropriate, and to interpret results, thereby leading to scientifically-sound conclusions and advice
- Contribute to high quality scientific publications and patents, where appropriate
- Ensure that research in the composites workstream is performed to the highest scientific standard, taking the necessary follow-up measures and actions for improvement
- Application of finite element simulation methods using ABAQUS® or other tools for the joint stress analysis and repair reliability under static and fatigue loading conditions
- Investigation of failure mechanisms in the repaired composite or hybrid structures under practical loading conditions
- Article publications in internationally reputed journals and conferences
- Filling of Patents or Technology Disclosures
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Materials Engineering with specialisation in Composite Materials from a recognized university
- Experience in the processing of composite materials using various processing methods
- Expertise in the stress analysis of composite and hybrid constructions, bonded joints using both analytical, numerical and experimental methods
- Knowledge of polymer science is desirable
- Hands-on experience in machining composites
- Prior experience in polymer chemistry especially with adhesives is an advantage
- Able to plan and organize the research and adhere to deadlines
- Self-motivation and passion for Research & Development work
- Strong written and oral communication (presentation) skills
- Good team player and data management skills
- Able to contribute to International Journal and conference papers, and where appropriate develop patents
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.