The Research Associate in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering will work on a project to conduct the research on development of a Blockchain-based decentralized low-cost peer-to-peer (P2P) energy trading platform.
- Conduct the research on development of P2P energy trading which performs optimal dispatch, ensures grid frequency stabilization and proper management as well as respects the operational feasibility of the electrical network
- Develop methodologies to ensure the security and privacy of blockchain; design smart contracts for P2P energy trading; propose a cost-effective and scalable network architecture to support blockchain data management; and introduce a novel incentive mechanism to promote P2P energy trading
- At least a Master's degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering and about to obtain PhD degree
- Expert knowledge in power electronics and power systems especially in the design of distributed energy resources, forecasting and electricity market
- Hardware experience will aid in the execution of the project
- Experience with energy storage systems, renewable energy resources, electric vehicles and/or OPAL-RT is highly recommended
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and conceptual abilities
- Able to work independently and in a team to realize the proposed works
- Able to publish conference/journal papers
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.