Research Associate, Computer Science/Electrical and Electronic Engineering/Mechanical Engineering
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE) invites applications for the position of Research Associate.
The Research Associate (RA) will be involved in the research, development and field trial of a new Intelligent Surgical Instrument Management System for Sterilization as a robot vision engineer. This is part of a SHARP program for hospital productivity improvement.
The job scopes include:
- Developing robotic vision system for identification, sorting, and picking of surgical instruments
- Integration of low-level robot software modules and establish high level cross platform system communications.
- Developing graphical user interfaces for robot systems
- Implementing algorithms and creating wrapper software for ROS
- Documenting technical reports, program codes and product manuals
- Master's degree in Computer Science/Electrical and Electronic Engineering/Mechanical Engineering and related fields with 1-5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong interest in robotics, computer vision and robot vision
- Competency and experience in 3D perception (3D geometry) and image processing
- Knowledge and experience working with vision libraries such as PCL and OpenCV
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: applying state-of-art machine learning algorithm, software system Integration and testing, image processing, robot vision
- Familiarity with deep learning neural network libraries and/or GPU programming would be an advantage
- Strong Proficiency in Programming using C++, Python, JS, SQL; Competency in Linux
- Knowledge and experience in ROS and related packages
- Good team player, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and possess can-do attitude
- We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.