- Part-time (0.8) position; Fixed term for 2 years
- Position will be based at the Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Provide research support to an Australian Research Council funded randomised controlled trial
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Mental Health Nursing Research Unit (MHNRU) is based at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and is a joint initiative between North Western Mental Health (NWMH), Melbourne Health and the Australian Catholic University (ACU). The MHNRU undertakes nurse-led clinically focused research that aims to improve mental health service delivery and improve service users’ outcomes. Our research has a particular focus on the translation of evidence into practice.
The Research Assistant provides research and administrative support to the Professor in Mental Health Nursing in the management and conduct of an Australian Research Council funded randomised controlled trial of a resilience intervention.
You will need to have:
- A tertiary degree in health research or a health discipline, such as psychology, public health or nursing (N.B. not biomedical science)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively as part of a team and clearly communicate with project partners
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- Demonstrated experience and skills in conducting quantitative research, and ideally, randomised controlled trials, including data collection, analysis and reporting.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria (qualifications and capability) listed on the last page of the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $93,237 - $100,193 (pro rata) pa, including salary component $78,786 - $84,664 (pro rata) pa (Higher Education Worker Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Enquiries about the role can be sent to Kim Foster, Professor of Mental Health Nursing on firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Monday 7 December 2020; 11:55 pm EST
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.