Research Fellow, Theoretical Industrial Catalysis
School of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
The Research Fellow (RF) will perform ab initio calculations by VASP and Gaussian to investigate the biatomic metal catalysts for electronic oxygen reduction reactions.
The RF need to identify suitable biatomic metal catalysts first, which should have high activity, high selectivity, and long durability. Then, the detailed reaction mechanisms will be investigated, for O* mechanism, 2OH* mechanism, and other possible mechanisms. Finally, the charge capacity effect and hydrogen bonding effect will be investigated so that the system in calculations is similar to the catalyst in real electrochemical environment.
The RF needs to perform all these calculations and have deep insights about these results.
- PhD degree in Computational Catalysis and have good publication records
- Trained in computational catalysis
- Experience on VASP and Gaussian software packages and code experience on C&C++ coding and software package compiling in Linux operating system
- Communicate in English fluently
- Self-motivated and a good team player
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU