Lecturer in Engineering
LECTURER IN ENGINEERING
£28,011 - £38,648 per annum
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
Are you an experienced service engineer within the agricultural sector or have a background in teaching engineering in a practical environment? Are you looking for a new challenge? We are seeking a highly motivated individual to help consolidate and grow SRUC’s engineering education and training provision at our Oatridge Campus.
The successful candidate will be managed by a Programme Leader and will be based at SRUC’s Oatridge Campus in West Lothian as part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Engineering Science Department within the Central Faculty of SRUC.
The successful candidates will have proven skills in: the service, maintenance, diagnostics and repair of hydraulic, electronic systems and air conditioning systems; ability to service, maintain, diagnose and repair engines, transmissions along with other common systems utilised on a range of modern machines; ability to understand and operate a range of machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
Previous experience of teaching and programme quality assurance would be advantageous but not essential as training will be provided to the successful candidates.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of learning materials
- Delivering programmes of education, training and assessment, including a wide range of practical skills to a high standard of workmanship as well as classroom teaching to appropriate academic standards
- Conducting student assessment in accordance with Awarding Body standards
- Maintaining appropriate records of teaching and assessment
- Maintaining appropriate records of attendance
- Provision of educational guidance, counselling and tutorials as required
- Engaging in the quality assurance of all engineering programmes
- Attending internal and external meetings as required
- Maintaining appropriate liaison with the land based industries
- Updating of personal skills and qualifications
A clean UK Driving Licence and/or the ability to drive a minibus (UK licence category D) would be desirable as travel to remote areas not served by public transport may be necessary.
Further details on the requirements of this role can be found in the Job Particulars document which you must read before applying for this role. This is downloadable when you click the APPLY button.
This is a full time, permanent role.
Closing Date: 30 November 2020
SRUC: Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education and Consultancy
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the "Disability Confident Employer" symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046
Closing Date: 30th November 2020