Higher Education Executive
Higher Education Executive
Location: Rugby, CV21 3HQ, UK and Homeworking (due to COVID)
Salary band: £30,000 - £34,000 per annum
IChemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers) is the global professional membership organisation for chemical engineers and process engineers.
Founded in 1922, IChemE advances chemical engineering's contribution worldwide for the benefit of society. We support the development of chemical engineering professionals and provide connections to a powerful network of around 37,000 members in 100 countries.
We are a multi-national institution with primary offices in the UK and Australia. Our members are found in a wide range of industry sectors, and at different stages of their careers, from students and graduates in training through to senior Fellows at the very highest levels of leadership in business and academia.
We support our members in applying their expertise and experience to make an influential contribution to solving major global challenges and are the only organisation to award Chartered Chemical Engineer status and Professional Process Safety Engineer registration. We are working towards ISO 9001 accreditation with the goal of achieving certification in 2021.
We are looking for a Higher Education Executive to join our qualifications team.
You will be educated to degree level ideally in chemical engineering or a related technical subject. Previous experience and understanding of the higher education, qualifications and accreditation sector is advantageous to the role. In addition, it would be helpful if you are familiar with working within committee structures and working with volunteers.
This role will provide independent secretariat services to UK Heads of Department of Chemical Engineering (HCEUK) and support to our IChemE Higher Education activities.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Secretariat services to HCEUK for meetings throughout the year
- Conducting research and leading the preparation of position statements on education related topics
- Developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships with IChemE members/volunteers, Universities, Institutions, regulatory bodies etc.
- Providing support on all IChemE higher education related matters
- Implementation and continuing development of a new review process for educational base requirements for IChemE membership (Individual Case Procedure, ICP)
- Input to the Learned Society Committee on higher education matters including pedagogy and research
- Working with the Education Special Interest Group to help deliver workshops, resources, information to our members
This role will work closely with our Qualifications, Membership and Learned Society Teams as well as other internal and external stakeholders and leading Universities.
Due to IChemE’s international nature, this position requires a willingness to work flexibly and to engage in business discussions outside of normal working hours. This role will be based at our Rugby office however during the COVID 19 pandemic our employees have all transitioned to remote working. Therefore, initially the role will be a home working role with occasional requirements to attend the Rugby office. This will be reviewed again in-line with Government and local advice.
This is a full-time role based on 37.5 hours per week working Monday through to Friday.
Starting salary will be in the region of £30,000 - £34,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits which includes an excellent pension scheme.
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK with the ability to work from home and attend our Rugby office will be considered for the role.
To apply; please provide a CV and a cover letter highlighting your experience against the areas listed above and why you think you are the ideal candidate for the role. Applications should be emailed to our HR team.
Please note that applications sent without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
The closing date for all applications is Sunday 29 November 2020 however IChemE reserves the right to interview exceptional candidates and make an offer of employment before the closing date should we wish.
For more details about this and other vacancies at IChemE please visit our website.
More searches like this
- Business & Management Academic Posts Rugby jobs in Working from home
- Business & Management Other Academic Rugby jobs in Working from home
- Business & Management Research Related Rugby jobs in Working from home
- Business & Management Research Support Rugby jobs in Working from home
- Business & Management Other Research Related Rugby jobs in Working from home