Senior Research Engineer, Automotive
Energy Research Institute @ NTU invites applications for the position of Senior Research Engineer.
The research project is a collaboration between the Centre of Excellence for Testing & Research of AVs – NTU (CETRAN), the French Technology Research Institute IRT SystemX, based in Paris-Saclay campus (France) and French industrial partners to support the LTA funded CETRAN project and obtain an outcome which is beneficial to both the CETRAN project as well as the industrial partners. The project aims to study the testing and validation of AVs with a particular interest in the usage of simulation technologies and methods.
The Senior Research Engineer is needed to manage the expectations of the different stakeholders (in Singapore and in France) and ensure the good continuation of the project.
- Manage the project and ensure that the deliverables are delivered on time
- Manage stakeholder’s expectations
- Control scope creep while ensuring smooth running of the project
- Ensure that the work and tasks of the project are well integrated
- Regularly and effectively communicate the progress to all stakeholders through meetings, reports and presentations
- Organize meetings and intermediate project progress reviews
- Make presentations to partners
- Master's degree in system engineering and process engineering or equivalent, with minimum 5 years of professional experience, in research and automotive domain
- Strong numerical modelling skills and a good understanding of dynamic vehicle models, sensor models and safety
- Knowledge of the stakes and system safety challenges associated with the validation of autonomous vehicles
- Skills in using simulation for system design validation
- Ability to work as a project: reporting on progress and communicating results
- Competency in French language is advantageous
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.