Scientific Research Associate
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Research Scientist is needed who will aid the lab's research on the brain through data analysis and building of computational models.
- Participate in regular scientific discussions
- Conduct literature research; co-author results and/or present findings at meetings, scientific organizations or conferences
- Organize, plan and conduct experiments to study and investigate scientific problems
- Apply scientific knowledge to solve complex practical and relevant problems
- Perform sophisticated data analysis and collaborate with research groups on interpreting results
- Develop new techniques and set-up new or revised experimental/theoretical systems
- May develop software tools, infrastructure, graphical interfaces, algorithms and computational models to support the research project
- May partner with Principal Investigator with initiating, writing and/or submitting award proposals, and writing research papers
- May train other research or technical personnel on advanced techniques and methods
- Perform other related work as needed.
- The individual can work remotely for the foreseeable future, until conditions are safe
- PhD in a neuroscience-related field is essential
- 8 years of relevant experience required