Learning Technology Support Officer
This role is suited to someone with strong organisational and administrative skills already working, or considering a career in educational technology/digital education.
The main purpose of this role is to provide assistance to staff and students in producing and using digital learning solutions and management of technical queries/support relevant to technology enhanced learning (TEL) through the ticketing system (training will be provided). The Learning Technologist Support Officer (LTSO) will be responsible for providing TEL administration as part of the iTEL Hub team producing educational content and delivering digital learning development projects and content production requirements from two world leading health faculties [Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences (FoDOCS) and the Florence Nightingale Faculty for Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care (NMPC)].
The postholder will have opportunities to work with a diverse group of students, academics, and professional services staff in the delivery and support of online and blended learning programmes/distance learning programmes. Desirable skills include some experience in designing and developing online digital learning resources and activities and n understanding of the technical needs of synchronous and asynchronous teaching sessions. The postholder will also contribute to providing guidance and training to students and staff on the use of digital technologies used by the faculties and at King’s such as the virtual learning environment and e-assessment technologies. Training in using these technologies will be provided but ideally the candidate will have some existing knowledge. The role requires a high level of competence using MSOffice 365 apps (e.g. Outlook, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint). The postholder will also provide some support to the Director of iTEL Hub and work closely with the joint Learning Technology coordinators.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent.
• Providing TEL helpdesk support through the ticketing system
• Updating and filing design and development processes and procedures
• Maintaining the upkeep of training needs events and TEL drop-ins on a regular and ad hoc basis
• Taking responsibility for the TEL administration of programmes/modules/courses rollover activities
• Providing general administrative support including:
• Updating team calendar, team events and large project meeting diaries
• Supporting the recruitment process
• Scheduling, preparing for and administering the Digital Education and TEL Workgroup at FNMPC and at FoDOCS
• Managing assets such as TEL equipment and equipment loan for both faculties
• Taking responsibility for the purchasing of products and licenses for the team and the faculties
• Scheduling, supporting and training of the clinical e-assessment tool
• Providing support in TEL projects and the consolidation reports for usage of learning technologies and e-assessment tools
• Scheduling process fixes, training, and planning in both faculties; monitoring help-desk solutions,
• Preparing technology usage reports
• Assisting in content production
• Liaising with stakeholders between other faculties and central teams in support of cross-faculty and central projects
• Disseminating communications relating to TEL within both faculties
• Supporting the Director of the iTEL Hub on education-focused and TEL-related projects, evaluation and research for the faculties.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
• Degree Level qualification
• Efficiency in handling e-learning support queries
• Some experience in providing administrative support in education context
• Proficiency in MSOffice applications and ICT skills including file Conversion, transcript editing and proof-reading
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative to fulfill general administrative responsibilities
• Preparing reports demonstrating skills in presenting data
• Being a dynamic and dependable team player helping to deliver project outputs
• Some knowledge in developing interactive digital learning resources
• Experience in e-learning/educational technology with an understanding of how this applies in the HE context
• Some skills in developing educational resources and supporting TEL Projects
• Some experience in using technologies including: virtual learning environment e.g. Moodle, webconferencing tools (MSTeams/Skype)
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview. At the interview, the candidate will also give a presentation. Details of the presentation will be specified in the interview invitation.
There will also be a test assessing ICT skills and evaluating level of general administration skills and experience.
Interview will be on the 4th of November. Ideally, candidates should be available to start within a short notice period.
This advertisement does not meet the requirements for a Certificate of Sponsorship under Home Office regulations and therefore the university will not be able to offer sponsorship for this role.