TAFE Teacher, Laboratory Operations
- Fixed Term (Until 31/12/2020), Part-Time (0.9 FTE)
- School of Health and Medical Applied Sciences
- CQUniversity Mackay, Rockhampton or Bundaberg
- Total salary $64,082 to $82,333 plus superannuation and leave loading
- Progression beyond Teacher Step 4 will only occur if an approved teaching qualification has been obtained
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
The School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences proudly delivers a versatile range of science and health related courses. All courses are taught by enthusiastic staff with extensive industry experience, expertise in research, teaching and consulting in their areas of interest. We aim to provide an educational experience to our students that is second to none.
As a Teacher in Laboratory Operations you will be responsible for the development of the Certificate II in Sampling and Measurement which is due for 2021 delivery to Mainstream and Start TAFE Now students. You will support flexible, blended and distributed learning techniques, options and products for innovative delivery and assessment solutions to meet the changing needs of various client groups
This position would suit a self-motivated and people-focused professional who gains job satisfaction from collaborating and cooperating with other business departments to achieve positive business outcomes. You will also be a resilient individual who responds well to change and who seeks out opportunities for personal and professional development and additional responsibility in order to learn new skills and grow.
- Essential – TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or a Graduate Certificate in Adult Education (or equivalent) or higher level qualification in adult education.
- Essential – Possession of Certificate IV Laboratory Operations (or equivalent vocational qualification) or a relevant higher level qualification.
- Industry experience in Laboratory Operations.
- Demonstrated capacity for best practice in the management of teaching and learning activities including delivery, assessment and evaluation.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to deliver flexible, responsive and quality client service.
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
When submitting your application, please include the following: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use only alphabetic or numeric characters in your CQU application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply