Postdoc in In-Cellulo DNA Stability
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology
(CEITEC MU) opens a position
Postdoc in In-Cellulo DNA Stability
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission. (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/)
A postdoc position is available in research group of Lukas Trantirek (CEITEC, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic) to participate in a research focused on understanding of a role of the intracellular environment in modulation of the stability of double stranded (ds) DNA and non-canonical DNA structures including G-quadruplexes and DNA i-motifs. We are seeking a person with an expertise NMR spectroscopy and Mass spectrometry of nucleic acids. Experience with manupulation of cell cultures is considered advantage. Research will be conducted at CEITEC located in the life science campus of Masaryk University (Brno, Bohunice, https://www.ceitec.eu/).
The candidate task will be to elucidate stability of model DNA oligonucleotides in the intracellular environment of living human cells using H/D exchanged based NMR and MS methods. The research aims at quantitative assessment of the intracellular factors driving dissociation of dsDNA and formation of G-quadruplex and i-motif DNA structures.
KEYWORDS: MS spectrometry, NMR spectroscopy, (ds)DNA, G-quadruplex, i-motif, human cells.
- Motivated smart people that have the “drive” to work independently, but also willing to learn from other people in the lab and collaborate.
- Candidates should have PhD degree (or expected within 3 months of applying) in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Structural Biology, or similar field.
- Demonstrated experience with DNA structural biology – both NMR spectroscopy and Mass spectrometry.
- Post-Doc position will start in 2021 (negotiable). Apply as soon as possible.
The position is NOT associated with any teaching obligations.
We welcome applications from all national (Czech) and international applicants.
Selection procedure of the potential candidate is purely based on scientific excellence of the candidate and match between candidate profile and project requirements.
- 1-year contract (with a possible extension to 2-years)
- Access to state-of-the-art instruments and state-of-art in-cell NMR technology
- stable funding, a competitive salary, collaboration with top experts in the field
- You will work in a team of young investigators that challenge some long-standing problems in the field of nucleic acids structural biology
- An attractive salary and benefits package (6 weeks of paid holiday, meal tickets, MU canteens, retirement contribution)
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
Anticipated start date: 2021 (negotiable)
Electronic application deadline is: 15th November, 2020
The application including CV, full list of publications, a brief motivation letter and letter of reference from the last working place (supervisor) shall be submitted online via an e-Application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Veronika Slezáková.
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about:
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit https://www.ceitec.eu/welcome-office/t9794
- Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617