Research Engineer, Human Factors
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE) invites applications for the position of Research Engineer.
As a member of the Saab-NTU Joint Research Centre at Nanyang Technological University, the Research Engineer (RE) will be part of a research team studying the use of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques for the development of the Next-Generation Air Traffic Management (ATM) assistance tools for Remote Airport Tower Control.
- Conduct research and development related to Human Factors, Levels of Automation and Human-AI Trust applied to Air Traffic Management
- Develop experimental hypothesis, protocol, methodology to investigate Human-AI interaction, Operator Workload and trust between Air Traffic Controllers and AI-based Assistant
- Perform data collection and statistical analysis of neurophysiological measurements
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science (Psychology)/Cognitive Neuroscience or related fields
- Two years of related research experience
- Experience in the experimental design involved human subjects and documentation for ethical clearance
- Strong background in designing cognitive science experiments, including the use of neurophysiological measurement equipment, to study human factors
- Demonstrated experience related to analysis of neurological measurement data
- Proficiency in statistical techniques and inference methods
- Understanding of Cognitive Psychology is desirable
- Good English writing and communication skills
- Independent and team player
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU