Postdoctoral Position in Plant Comparative Genomics
- Full Time
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC MU) opens Postdoctoral position in plant comparative genomics
Central European Institute of Technology - Masaryk University (CEITEC MU) is an independent institute at Masaryk University which was established within the framework of the CEITEC - Central European Institute of Technology. CEITEC MU constitutes the key element of a world-class research infrastructure built at the University Campus in Brno-Bohunice by the end of 2014, providing state-of-the-art equipment and ideal conditions for basic and applied research, especially in the area of life sciences.
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in the research group of prof. Martin Lysak to join project investigating the structure and evolution of Biscutella genomes (Brassicaceae). The project aims to establish high-quality chromosome-scale sequence assemblies of several genomes and analyze the process of post-polyploid diploidization and chromosomal rearrangements. This is a three-year collaborative project between the Lysak group and group of prof. Christian Parisod (University Bern).
Candidates for this position must have PhD degree in biology and strong theoretical and practical background in comparative genomics and bioinformatics (experience with chromosome-scale genome assembly including long-range scaffolding is welcome). We are looking for highly motivated researcher able to work independently yet open to frequent interactions with other members of our Czech-Swiss multi-disciplinary team.
- Interesting job in a dynamically expanding university area
- Independent and responsible work
- Professional team and pleasant working environment
- Incentive wage and work conditions
- Employee benefits (meal contribution, 6 weeks of holiday, retirement contribution, healthcare benefits, discounted ticket prices to the cinema, library free for your use, discounted training courses)
- Temporary work contract for 3 years
Anticipated start date: 1.01.2021 or upon agreement
Please send the application (including CV, motivation letter and the contact information of at least three references) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the “position” in the subject.
Electronic application deadline is: 30.11.2020
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about:
- Lysak group, please visit www.plantcytogenomics.cz
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit https://www.ceitec.eu/welcome-office/t9794
- Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617