Lecturer, Design and Technology Education
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE, MATHEMATICS AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful applicants will be expected to:
- Develop, present and co-ordinate undergraduate and postgraduate Design and Technology and other SMTE courses for contact and distance presentation;
- Use the learning management system to develop and present courses;
- Present lectures and programs out of town on any day of the week, including after hours and over weekends as required;
- Mentor students on work integrated learning;
- Provide a significant contribution to research outputs and postgraduate teaching and supervision.
- Master’s degree with specialization in Design and Technology Education;
- At least one publication in an accredited journal or equivalent units;
- Evidence of teaching experience in Design and Technology related subjects for example being a demonstrator or tutor or lecturer;
- Evidence of academic administration experience.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language, communication, and teaching skills;
- Highly computer literate;
- Skill to investigate and implement new technologies;
- Skill to manage large groups in interactive teaching and learning.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Research competency: Accepted article/s in accredited journal/s.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 28 October 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.