Postdoc in Network Security
Postdoc in Network Security
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, EECS
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
We invite applications for a post-doctoral research position at EECS. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to conduct research in security, privacy, and trust, notably, design, analysis, verification, implementation and empirical evaluation of secure and privacy-preserving systems. Candidates with experimental/systems or theoretical profiles are welcome to apply.
The NSS group designs and builds trustworthy networked systems. Our research agenda covers a gamut of security and privacy problems; a number of our results got significant attention by the research community. Our teaching efforts led to a new security curriculum at KTH. Our activities are summarized here: https://www.eecs.kth.se/nss and your work will be aligned to one of our ongoing project areas.
As a member of the research lab, you will be involved in experimental systems work in collaboration with faculty members and several doctoral students at our research lab. You will contribute to scientific publications as well as to new grant applications.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
- Research expertise
- Educational ability
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality
- Strong academic credentials, written and spoken English proficiency, communication and teamwork skills.
- Interest in several of the following: design, analysis, verification, implementation, or empirical evaluation of secure and/or privacy in networked systems.
- Strong background in several of the following: computer security, mobile computing, networking, Internet security, wireless communications, distributed algorithms and systems, programming languages, performance analysis, operating systems, simulation techniques and tools, software engineering, system and network programming, applied cryptography, privacy preserving or enhancing technologies, optimization, information theory.
- Preparation and readiness to contribute to our research agenda and to work in an internationally oriented group.
- Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
- Cover letter: One-page summary of your application.
- Curriculum vitae: A document on all your relevant academic, professional, and other achievements, experience, and knowledge. Maximum five (5) pages.
- Transcripts and degrees: Official documents from your previously attended University-level institutions, with certified translations in English (unless provided so by the issuing institution).
- Recommendation letters: Please include detailed contact information for at least two (2) references.
- Statement of purpose: Please discuss: your motivation and research interests, your preparation (studies, technical knowledge, research, experience, etc.), your future goals, and how they relate to and complement research within NSS. Maximum two (2) pages.
- Full list of publications
- Representative publications: Up to three (3) documents, up to twenty (20) pages each. For longer documents, please provide an abstract and a web link to the full text.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
Initially 1 year with possible extension with 1 more year.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.