Project Officer, Earth Sciences/Geography/Environmental Studies/Public Policy/Engineering
The Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS) invite applications for the position of Project Officer.
The Project Officer will join a dynamic, expanding research group that investigates the complex impact that natural hazards have on society (http://resilience-science.org/). In particular, the Project Officer will contribute to a project to better understand, quantify and predict long-term earthquake impact including socio-economic impact, based on research in Nepal.
The work will involve assisting in the preparation and coordination for field surveys, assistance with lab management and purchases, organization of design research workshops, and communications for internal reporting and external announcements. Active participation in research will be encouraged, and support for publication and meeting/conference presentations can be available.
- Assist with field survey planning and coordination, the handling of any related purchases, rentals and payments, and organization of collaborative workshops and other activities
- Assist with activity planning, progress tracking, data management, collaboration schedule, and organization of research visits
- Assist with writing regular internal reports, and external communications
- Participate and contribute in all project research and management meetings
- Participate in the various hazard risk-related educational and research activities
- BSc degree in Earth Sciences, Geography, Environmental Studies, Public Policy, Engineering or other related field
- Familiar with and interested in human-environmental systems, public policy, non-governmental or humanitarian work
- Very well organized
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-driven, highly motivated, collaborative, with interest to work with other researchers and scientists (team player) to produce high-quality and impactful research
- Interested applicants are invited to submit a full CV, work samples and names and contact details of two referees.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU