The College of Business and Economics (CBE) at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of Operations Research and Management Sciences. Selected candidate’s duties will include management of research related activities in areas related to smart mobility and logistics. On a typical day, selected candidate shall be involved in conducting literature review, operations research modeling, computer programming-based analysis, and publish research findings in refereed journals.
- M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Management Science, Computer science or a related field
- Familiarity with Operations Research based modeling tools such as GAMS, Gurobi/Cplex, and programming languages such as Python, C++, or Matlab
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English). Highly motivated applicants with (0-3 years) experience in the designated area and having a M.Sc. degree, and preferably with a technical background, are invited to submit their applications to the position (appropriate M.Sc. project/thesis work acceptable should be counted as experience).
- Prior Experience of operations research modeling and application in research and (or) practice environments.
- Published research papers.
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Innovation,Tech. & Entr. -(CBE)
Job Close Date 31-12-2020
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant
Salary 5000 to 6000 AED per month (depending on qualification and experience)