450 route des Chappes
06410 Biot Sophia Antipolis
Education as a crossroads between research and industry
EURECOM is a French Graduate Engineering School (“Grande Ecole”) and Research Center at the heart of the digital society. With a strong international focus, it has been playing a key role in the national and international higher education landscape for nearly 30 years.
EURECOM’s teaching and research activities are organized around three core areas of expertise: Digital Security, Communication Systems and Data Science.
EURECOM is a founding member of the Campus SophiaTech in Sophia Antipolis in the South of France, the largest Science and Information Technology campus in the region.
Founded in 1991 as a consortium (EIG) bringing together renowned academic and industrial partners, EURECOM stands out with its international character, its privileged ties with industry relying on its European founders’ and its members’ network as well as its integration of scientific disciplines into society, starting from pure technology to its application.
The Institut Mines-Télécom is a founding member of EURECOM consortium.
EURECOM offers a high-level teaching to meet the challenges faced by industry thanks to its original consortium form allowing strong relationships and interactions with its industrial partners.
EURECOM is seeking a Director who has interest and competence to lead and develop the university, balancing long-term values and continuous change processes. The Director shall have a vision that contributes to keep EURECOM a strong brand in research and education in cooperation with industry and academia at the local, national, European and international levels.
The Director position combines the roles of Administrator of the Consortium (EIG, GIE under French Law) and Scientific and Pedagogical Director.
EURECOM is seeking to appoint an exceptional individual to succeed the current director who will step down as Director and Administrator at the end of the academic year in 2021, after completing his final five-year term.
The Director has overarching responsibility for Leadership, Management, Education and Research.
Please see the detailed job description for further information:
- Academic record: PhD in the field of Information and Communications Technology highly recommended
- Proven record of competence in the core areas: teaching, research, research transfer, cooperation with industry and international cooperation
- Proficiency in at least English and French; additional languages appreciated
- Proven record of leadership within academic or public or private research organizations
- Strong ability to make decisions while at the same time instilling trust and respect
- Self-confidence and confidence in his/her leadership, determination and ability to be a leader in academia, and to see opportunities for EURECOM and to create engagement in these
- Excellent communication skills, development-oriented drive with a visionary approach, integrity, and willingness to delegate as needed
- Ability to inspire Faculty, Staff and students, and to achieve results in partnership with others
- Commitment to high-quality education and dedication to excellence in research
- Strong interpersonal skills, genuine interest in other people, ability to listen, openness, sound judgement, fairness, accessibility
How to Apply
Please submit your application including a cover letter and a recent CV to
no later than Tuesday 10 November 2020.
For any queries, you may have about this opportunity, please contact: email@example.com
2020/09/15 Publication of the position
2020/11/10 Deadline for application
December to March: Candidate shortlisting, interviews and selection
2021/07/01 Beginning of service
USEFUL LINKS ABOUT EURECOM
Presentation and strategy:
Apply for Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly