Business Support Officer
This role is key to the effective running of the Dean’s Office and plays a fundamental role in the day to day operational support of staff.
Based in the Executive Dean’s Office, the Business Support Officer will provide daily administrative support for all operational processes within the School, dealing with a broad range of estates, finance and resources issues relevant to academic and professional services staff.
Working in a varied and demanding environment, the role holder will be responsible for handling frequent estates queries, processing a high frequency of financial purchases and ensuring materials essential to the smooth running of the School are kept in good supply. They will also be responsible for arranging travel booking, catering request and room bookings.
- To serve as the first point of contact relating to School operational matters, where necessary liaising with relevant College departments, for example IT Services, Estates, King’s Venues, Catering
- To have responsibility for arranging office moves, including scheduling, liaising with external suppliers and processing procurement of furniture and equipment
- To receive and process expense claims and invoices on behalf of colleagues and external suppliers
- To purchase computer and mobile devices as required, and to keep an accurate record of where equipment is assigned, carrying out audits from time to time to ensure resources are managed and efficiencies can be made where possible.
- To maintain and purchase operational supplies, in particular stationery, refreshments and Covid-19 related supplies (e.g. hand santisers and desk wipes)
- To be responsible for the upkeep of School printing and audio-visual facilities, including reporting problems with equipment as necessary
- To process bookings for School-specific meetings and events, and to maintain standards of the School meeting rooms and communal spaces
- To be responsible for the timely distribution of all incoming post to the School
- To act as fire marshal and a social distancing monitor during the return to campus activity
- To coordinate and facilitate interview days; arranging rooms and catering, meeting candidates, printing interview packs for the panel and setting up presentations for candidates.
- To provide administrative support to the Executive Dean of the Law School and Director of Administration in the absence of the Executive Assistant