Research Fellow, Bio Optics and Spectroscopy
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
School of Materials Science and Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
The Research Fellow will work on an exciting interdisciplinary project in the area of “Liquid-Liquid Phase Separation (LLPS) involving research teams in the Schools of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) and Biological Sciences (SBS) at NTU that have a strong international recognition in the areas of molecular biomimetics, cell biologists, biophysics, and plant biochemistry. This includes:
- Conduct research in the area of protein biochemistry of extra-cellular proteins exhibiting LLPS with the goal to unveil the molecular mechanisms responsible for LLPS of such extra-cellular proteins
- Collaborate with cell biologists, biochemists, structure biologists and materials scientists within the frame of a large research program devoted to LLPS
- Mentor PhD students in the area of protein engineering, biophysical characterization and will interact with other team members seeking to exploit LLPS for translational applications
- PhD in Structural Biology, Protein Chemistry, Materials Science (biomaterials), Bioengineering or related fields
- Strong expertise in protein biochemistry, protein engineering, peptide synthesis
- Proficient with bioinformatic and modern bioimaging tools, and/or biophysical characterization techniques such as Circular Dichroism (CD), Infrared Spectroscopy, FACS, etc
- At least 1 to 2 years of post-doctoral experience
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.