Research Fellow, Cell Biology
A Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Assistant Professor Guillaume Thibault, School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (www.thibaultlab.com).
The main role of this position is to complete an ongoing research project focusing on aging. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with an international and multidisciplinary team of investigators
- Participate in overall project management by means of team-work and be able to reach project deadlines and milestones
- Contribute to the intellectual progression of the project
- Contribute to implementation of good laboratory work practices and procedures
- Present results at regular project meetings and scientific meetings where appropriate
- Contribute to writing papers, including where appropriate as first or senior (corresponding) author
- Attend weekly laboratory meetings and be prepared to present data at these meetings
- Be prepared to contribute to the efficient running of the laboratory and maintain equipment in good working order
- Creative and enthusiastic recent Ph.D. graduate with a strong background in one of the following areas: imaging and image analysis, genetics, lifespan assay, biochemistry, molecular cellular biology or computational biology
- Highly-motivated person who is able to work independently
- Must have first-hand experience working with C. elegans
- Experience in analyzing large data set (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, proteomic) will be a plus
- At least one first-author paper in an international peer-reviewed journal is required to be considered for the position
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.