Lecturer in Digital Entrepreneurship and Marketing (Education)
The Department of Digital Humanities is seeking to appoint an AEP Lecturer to contribute to our teaching in the area of digital economy, innovation and society and marketing. The post-holder will have a sound knowledge of the key concepts, theories and practices providing expertise in areas within this domain, and will be expected to develop it. As a non-exhaustive list of examples, we are interested in candidates with expertise in digital entrepreneurship, digital innovation, platform economics, information systems and management as well as marketing.
We are looking for a range of expertise to support in particular our new M. Sc. Digital Economy and Society but also our fast-expanding MA programmes such as the MA Digital Asset and Media Management or our BA in Digital Culture. Candidates will be expected to provide high quality teaching across all levels, including undergraduate, master, and PhD, to supervise undergraduate and graduate student dissertations, and to engage in excellent research, including the potential for grant capture.
The post holder will complement existing teaching in the Department and offer students new opportunities in their studies of digital economics, culture and society. She/he will support student specialisation in their own area and develop course offerings of their own. A focus on linking practice with recent theoretical approaches both in teaching and research will be particularly appreciated. The successful applicant will also be expected, within reason, to teach outside their own immediate area of expertise.
The successful candidate will also undertake pastoral duties including personal tutoring and administrative duties linked to Departmental, Faculty and University administration.
Candidates will contribute to the life and reputation of the Department, the Faculty, and the College through taking on an appropriate administrative role, contributing to internal networks and collaborations, taking part in external national and international activities, and undertaking industry and public engagement where appropriate.
Interviews will take place between the 7th and the 9th of September.
The post will start on 14 September 2020
- Be accountable for the delivery of high quality teaching to students online and face-to-face
- Develop / improve teaching materials, reading lists, and where appropriate, interactive and practice led activities
- Create online lectures and seminars and make teaching material available through the learning system
- Assist in the preparation and assessment of assignments for core and optional modules
- Undertake the marking of coursework assignments and dissertations for core and optional modules
- Undertake dissertation supervision of BA and MA students
- Plan and manage own teaching
- Contribute to collaborative decision making with colleagues on academic content and assessment of students' work
- Evaluate current provision and identify areas for improvement particularly around student feedback
- Collaborate with the team in ensuring that students’ needs are identified and responded to in a timely fashion
- Respond to student feedback and to the further improvement and strategic development of Programmes and modules
- Stay up to date with scholarship in the field in order to incorporate into teaching practice and contribute to teaching innovation
- Identify opportunities for the development of new teaching lectures or exercises (or if need be modules) in your area of expertise and contribute fully to the development of such ideas
- Develop internal networks and external networks that foster collaboration and contribute to the management of teaching and research quality, audit and other external assessments
- Contribute to research in the Department through either working on a research proposal with a member of academic staff or through contributing to a research project led by an academic member of staff
- Make an appropriate contribution to the next Research Excellence Framework (REF), and share the Faculty’s ethos whereby staff are committed to translating their research into outstanding teaching and student care
- Provide pastoral care for students
- Assist with admission of future students
- Undertake administrative roles as required
- Engage in professional development as appropriate
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification or work experience in a relevant sector
- An in-depth understanding of the field of digital entrepreneurship, management and digital innovation as well as marketing
- An excellent understanding of current research and teaching of digital entrepreneurship, management and digital innovation as well as marketing
- Ability to communicate clearly and convincingly both orally and in writing to a wide range of individuals and groups, including overseas students, academic and professional services colleagues, and our cultural and industry partners
- A good knowledge of contemporary teaching and learning approaches in higher education and the ability to enthuse students with innovative teaching methods
- Experience of the development of learning materials and pedagogic innovation in teaching
- Experience of teaching and student supervision at all levels and for a multi-cultural audience
- Experience of effective assessment, marking, and provision of feedback for students
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Teaching qualification in higher education
- Experience of online teaching
- Work experience relevant to the field
This advertisement does not meet the requirements for a Certificate of Sponsorship under Home Office regulations and therefore the university will not be able to offer sponsorship for this role.