Assistant professor / Associate professor / Full Professor in Sport Sciences – Kinesiology
EMPLOYER: UNIVERSITY OF LJUBLJANA, FACULTY OF SPORT, Gortanova 22, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija
1. Offered job position: UNIVERSITY TEACHER (m/f), Code-number: DM: D019001
Permanent contract, full-time employment (40 hours week)
2. Required job conditions:
- education level: doctoral degree (PhD) in the field of kinesiology
- valid academic title: Assistant professor / Associate professor / Full Professor on the scientific qualification level Sport Sciences – Kinesiology.
- The candidate fulfills the condition if he has a valid UL Appointment or the valid title of the Guest teacher at UL.
- If at the time of application the candidate does not have an election to the abovementioned titles, but he meets the qualitative and quantitative conditions for election to these titles, he can apply for the job vacancy, in which case, together with the application, he shall also provide evidence of compliance with the above criteria, accompanied by a statement, in the event of a decision by the selection committee, the application shall also be considered as an application for election to the title or for the recognition of the equivalence of the title.
- good organizational skills
- communicational skills
- innovative approach
- B2 knowledge of Slovenian according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which is proven by a certificate (if the selected candidate doesn't have the knowledge of Slovenian language, she/he has to gain it in three years from the employment start date); active knowledge of one foreign language (English language).
3. Job description
- forming and updating the curricula of the subjects considering higher educational program requirements
- organization or co-organization of all activities for the implementation of the subject in accordance with curriculum and professional knowledge – coordinating and supervising the work of teaching staff (assistants, technical staff and other cooperating staff)
- lecturing, teaching and managing seminars and other educational activities of the subject
- management, evaluation of examinations and other testing processes
- supervision of students diploma work and other duties
- participation in other activities related to the teaching field
- scientific research in biomechanics, development of new concepts, theories, and methods,
- professional care for safety issues regarding work conditions for teaching staff and students
- other work performance, which belongs within the broad content of the job area
- Priority will be given to candidates with professional competences in the field of Football as well as to candidates, who are active researchers in the field of Football.
4. Application deadline: 60 days (23th June 2020 until 22. August 2020)
Interested candidates must submit written application with an enclosed CV and supporting documents, certifying the fulfilment of requirements within the above-specified deadline, by regular post to the following address:
UNIVERZA V LJUBLJANI, FAKULTETA ZA ŠPORT, Kadrovska služba, Gortanova 22, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija
Employment contract can only be concluded with a candidate who qualifies for the position.
University of Ljubljana promotes gender equality in employment and work.
5. Contact person at the Faculty:
Izr. prof. Katja Tomažin: +386 1 520 77 08, e mail: email@example.com