Research Fellow, LKCMedicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Temporary Research Fellow in the Laboratory of Assistant Professor XIA Yun
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) established in September 2010 is a partnership between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. The School operates from two campuses – Yunnan Campus at Nanyang Technological University and a new campus to be built at Novena. Our primary healthcare partner is the National Healthcare Group (NHG) which comprises an integrated network of primary healthcare polyclinics, acute care hospitals such as Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and national specialist centres. LKCMedicine delivers a new five-year undergraduate medical programme leading to a joint MBBS degree awarded by Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University.
We are currently recruiting a Temporary Research Fellow to work in the area of stem cell in vitro lineage specification and organogenesis. The appointee will be working on using organoid models to understand human development and diseases. One of the main research goals of our lab is to develop novel approaches to derive functional kidney-like tissues that could be used for both disease modelling and replacement therapy. Our lab is also interested in emulating early embryogenesis and organ formation processes using human stem cell-based embryoids.
- Take the lead of running the posted project, produce data for paper publication, grant application, and technology disclosure.
- Participate in training junior lab members including PhD students, undergraduate interns, and research assistants.
- Establish CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing/screening system in human pluripotent stem cells.
- Analysis of results from RNA sequencing experiments.
- Manuscript writing, plot graphs, and data presentation.
- Participate in lab managing and project supervision.
- Participate, responsibly, in general lab management and maintenance.
- Candidates must have a PhD degree in cell biology and biochemistry/molecular biology/ stem cell biology.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, fluent in spoken and written English.
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience with cell and molecular biology, biochemistry techniques. Experience with human embryonic stem cell/induced pluripotent stem cell culture and 3D organoid culture is an advantage.
- Experience with CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing tools.
- Have strong background in microscopic work. Experience with pathology and histology is an advantage.
- Ability to handle and work with transgenic mice. Experience with animal surgery and mouse embryonic dissection is an advantage.
- Quick learner with excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and also effectively as part of a team
- Highly motivated, independent, responsible, and willingness to share knowledge. An outgoing personality is much appreciated.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with your CV and names of two references at your earliest convenience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: LKC