Research Assistant, Education, Linguistics, Psychology
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Centre for Research and Development in Learning at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (CRADLE@NTU) is seeking applications for a Research Assistant.
The Research Assistant will be an integral member of an inter-disciplinary research team developing pedagogical innovations for university and adult learning environments.
The current project will be investigating the pedagogical approaches in the acquisition of language for low-waged, low-skilled adult learners of English. Highly motivated individuals with interests in lifelong learning, pedagogy and language acquisition are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Conduct research analysis, prepare research reports
- Contribute to the dissemination of research findings: conduct literature reviews, prepare academic publications (e.g., conference presentation, paper, book)
- Liaise and work closely with stakeholders from external institutions
- Manage project data and administrative matters
- Perform other tasks as required by the Principal Investigator
- Degree or above in Education, Linguistics, Psychology or related disciplines
- Experience with quantitative/qualitative research methodologies and data analysis tools such as SPSS, NVivo
- Excellent report/scientific writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work within given deadlines
- Good statistical knowledge and data analytic skills is preferred
- Good knowledge of language acquisition, pedagogy/andragogy and lifelong learning is preferred
- Preference for working collaboratively in teams is preferred
- Prior experience in research and academic writing is preferred
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: LKC