Job Profile Apprenticeship - Coaches & Assessors
Contract Type Permanent
As a Banking Coach, you will provide coaching and support to apprentices predominantly via telephone and liaise with employers to ensure they complete the requirements of their apprenticeship on time. Make assessment decisions on their competence where appropriate. The key elements of the role are to provide a high level of professional advice and support to our apprentices and their employers, which will be measured by success rates.
The role could be an on programme, or End Point Assessor Coach.
- Ensure apprentices fully understand the learning requirements of their apprenticeship regarding knowledge, skills and behaviours, functional skills and end point assessment.
- Carry out regular reviews with apprentices to monitor progress against key milestones, learning assessments and 20% off the job training as outlined in the apprenticeship learning plan.
- Assess whether apprentices are ready to enter gateway and support them to prepare for their end point assessment.
- Ensure apprentice information is kept up to date in the relevant folders and on the virtual learning environment.
- Respond to apprentice queries and provide feedback on submissions within agreed SLAs.
- Work with IQA team to ensure all quality assurance requirements are met.
- Provide MI against performance support KPIs on success rates for internal and external (client) reports.
- Ensure target retention and completion rates for apprenticeships are met.
- Follow all required performance support and end point assessment processes.
Any other duties or projects in support of the Programme Leader, or Performance Manager.
Department Professional Apprenticeships - Apprenticeship School
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home Based
- Detailed understanding of apprenticeships, the end-to-end learning journey, assessment and skills coaching practices, quality assurance and programme MI.
- Industry experience and or professional qualifications related to the discipline of the apprenticeship.
- TAQA Level 3 Assessors Award is desirable
- Functional Skills at Level 2, OR GCSE equivalent.
- Coaching experience.
- Experience of performance support and assessment operational processes.
- Experience of working autonomously and managing own workload efficiently and effectively.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Strong communications skills, ability to communicate professionally and work closely with and support internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
Contract Hours 37.50