Research Engineer, School of Information Systems
- Bachelor Degree
- Closing On 27 Aug 2020
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Design, development and integration of natural language and text processing software modules.
- Design, development and integration of computational models for knowledge representation, association and reasoning.
- Design, development and integration of graphical user interface and application prototype for demonstration.
- Documentation, preparation of technical publications and reports.
- Minimum Bachelor /Master degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related disciplines from an institution of higher learning.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant research experience in artificial intelligence and data analytics areas through undergraduate or postgraduate study.
- Good analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge/Proficiency in programming languages, in particular C/C++, Java and Python.
- Competency in application prototype design and development.
- Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applicants with research publications in artificial intelligence and data analytics areas will be advantageous.