Programme Manager, Research, Lien Centre for Social Innovation
- Closing On 29 Aug 2020
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- This position is for Lien Centre for Social Innovation (LCSI).
- Design, write and implement research studies from concept to research report (outputs,e.g. grant proposals, white papers, project reports, journal articles, presentations, etc.).
- Conduct primary and secondary data collection and analysis.
- Manage/oversee research projects from conceptualisation and proposal to delivery and presentation stages.
- Work closely with other team members to develop programmes that might suitably apply research findings.
- Be an active contributor and resource to existing and new programmes/initiatives.
- Support the development of junior members of the team.
- Postgraduate degree (Masters and/or PhD).
- Formal training in research methods.
- At least 4 years of work experience (project management, research, writing, budgeting, contract negotiation, etc.).
- Facilitation and workshop development experience highly desirable.
- Strong research, analytical and organisational skills.
- Strong public presentation skills.
- Able to build and sustain relationships with partners and key stakeholders from the public, private and social sectors
- Knowledge and experience in curriculum development would be an advantage.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team and across sectors.
- Take initiative and think innovatively.
- Manage several projects simultaneously and handle the complexities of concurrent timelines.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.