Assistant to Teach Key Courses Ensured by The Department of Economics
In accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
a part-time ( 12 hours a week) Assistant to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Economics: Economic Policy 2, Principles of Economics and Macroeconomics I, and to do research in this area.
Would you like to share your experience with others? Do you enjoy coming up with new ideas and solutions? Are you interested in research? Do you welcome new challenges? If so, you are the person we are looking for. Become part of the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University.
What does the position entail?
- Teaching key courses ensured by the Department of Economics;
- supervising Bachelor’s and Master’s theses;
- research activity, including participating in research projects and grants; and
- publishing activity.
What do we require?
- A completed Master’s degree in Mathematical and statistical methods in Economics, Economic Policy, Economics or in a related area;
- commenced studies in a doctoral study program in the area of Economics, Economic Policy or in a related area;
- publishing results in the area of Economics, Economic Policy or related areas;
- the ability to lecture and publish in Czech and English;
- experience in participating in research projects as an advantage;
- teaching experience as an advantage;
- the ability to work in a team; and
- a research agenda relevant internationally, with at least active participation in international scientific conferences or in a specialized seminar held in English.
What do we offer?
- Interesting, autonomous, and responsible work in the environment of a prestigious university;
- a professional team and agreeable working environment;
- employment benefits (e.g., meal voucher contributions, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contributions, vaccination contributions, free access to Masaryk University library services);
- opportunities for education and professional development;
- and opportunities for an internship abroad; and
- a 3-year employment contract.
What to include in applications?
- A complete professional Curriculum Vitae;
- an overview of publishing activities and teaching activities;
- a list of research projects the candidate has participated in;
- proof of an internationally relevant research agenda;
- a cover letter including a vision for the candidate’s engagement at the Department of Economics (approximately 1 A4 page); and
- a copy of a diploma or other relevant qualification.
Expected commencement of employment: 1. 10. 2020 or by agreement.
Should you find the position interesting, send your application including the documents required for the selection procedure by 1. 9. 2020 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/57093 on Masaryk University website.
For more detailed information, contact JUDr. Pavla Zapletalová, phone number +420549497358, at the Human Resources department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU.