IB Examiner for Swedish B (as a second language)
As part of assessment processes, the IB works with educators in a variety of different roles. We are always looking to recruit new, skilled examiners and senior examiners as the IB continues to grow.
As an examiner you will play an important role in maintaining the quality of assessment for which the IB is known worldwide. This experience will enable you to:
- Enhance your professional development
- Expand your subject knowledge
- Earn extra income working from the convenience of your home
Founded in 1968, the International Baccalaureate® (IB) is a non-profit educational foundation offering four highly respected programmes of international education that develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
We strive to develop students who will build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
One of the characteristics of the IB Diploma Programme is that students are required to study a second language, in addition to their “mother tongue,” as one of six subjects that constitute the diploma. The IB’s Language B course (first exams 2020) is a language acquisition course designed for students with some previous experience of the target language. Through study of different categories of text types, the course also aims to enable students to adjust their language to be appropriate for the audience, purpose and context in which they are communicating.
Applicants must have:
- a degree or equivalent in the subject (or a related subject) for which they are applying,
- a minimum of one year’s experience teaching the subject (or a related subject) to students in an appropriate age range:
- 16 to 19 years of age – DP
- applicants who are no longer teaching must have taught or examined within the last three years
- access to the internet, via a broadband (or faster) connection, in an environment that is suitable for marking confidential assessment material
IB teaching experience is not essential.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website: