Associate Professor, Mental Health Nursing
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Nursing Midwifery and Social Sciences
- CQUniversity Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Bundaberg or Brisbane
- Total Remuneration $171,485 to $188,635 pa (including salary of $144,908 to $159,400 plus 17% superannuation and 12.96% leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences is recognised as a leader in nursing education – our academics are lauded for learning, teaching, research and community engagement – we benefit from strong industry ties and strive to maintain the high standards of ever-changing healthcare. Our mental health nursing post-graduate courses are founded on close ties with industry and are offered through a unique hyper-flexible platform.
In this role you will make a significant contribution to all activities of the School and the discipline of mental health nursing. You will be looked upon to provide a high level of leadership to the School and University through initiating, implementing and participating in research, teaching, development activities, education development and industry engagement.
The Associate Professor – Mental Health Nursing role can be situated in any of the above locations and if successful you will be given the choice of your preferred location. If you aren’t currently residing in the area, the University will assist your move by providing a generous relocation package.
CQUniversity is passionate about providing an environment that’s conducive to work life balance; we offer flexibility in the form of supportive leave entitlements, including carers’, maternity and paternity leave. In addition to this we offer a generous six weeks annual leave including a period of shutdown over Christmas and support staff in times of need with carers’, sick, domestic violence, disaster and compassionate leave, and rewarding long service.
- Hold doctoral qualifications (PhD or equivalent) plus significant experience in mental health nursing education and research.
- Understanding of current professional and educational issues in mental health nursing, a history of engagement with industry and experience as a mental health nurse.
- Registration as a Registered Nurse Division 1 with AHPRA
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 23 August 2020.
- Vacancy Reference Number: 33661
When submitting your application, please include the following: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use only alphabetic or numeric characters in your CQU application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.