Language Tutor, Japanese
7 days left
- Part Time
Job number ACAD104647
Division/School School of Modern Languages
Contract type Hourly Paid Teacher
Working pattern Part time
Salary 17.51 per hour
Closing date for applications 13-Aug-2020
The University of Bristol’s School of Modern Languages is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced teacher of Japanese for the period 15 September 2020 until 30 June 2021.
We welcome applications from candidates who are enthusiastic and creative, have a proven track-record in language teaching in the higher education sector in the UK and a keen interest in language pedagogy. You should have a degree in languages, philology or linguistics and a teaching qualification, or equivalent relevant experience.
A general description of the role can be found at http://www.bristol.ac.uk/hr/hpt/language-tutor.html
Hours of work are variable depending on student numbers but will involve at least three and up to six contact hours per week until the end of semester 2. While teaching delivery will be entirely online in the coming academic year, you will need to be available to come into the university on two separate days in each teaching week. The current rate of pay is £17.51 per teaching hour plus one hour’s preparation per teaching hour at same rate. Additional pay includes 10.77% holiday pay against contract as a whole, payable at the end of the contract. Teachers will also be paid additional hours for related duties, e.g. attending standard meetings. Please note that travel expenses are not included.
Contact: (for further information on the post):
Dr Ian Foster, Director of Foreign Language Teaching at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the application form online or download a copy from our web site at www.bris.ac.uk/jobs. To access the online and downloadable versions of the form simply enter the vacancy reference number in the search facility. Alternatively, if you have received an application pack, please complete and return the enclosed application form in the envelope provided.
Please note the following:
- We will only be able to consider you for this vacancy if you complete the application process outlined above.
- Only include the information requested – copies of qualification, certificates, letters of reference, journal articles and any other additional documents are not required at this stage.
- It is important that you quote the reference number ACAD104647 on the application form.
- The closing date for applications is Thursday 13 August 2020.
- Expected interview dates: Interviews will take place online in the week beginning 17 August 2020.
- Please note: In order to apply for this post, you must be entitled to work in the UK.
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.