Senior Lecturer Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist
St Mary’s University, Twickenham
Senior Lecturer Clinical Specialist Physiotherapy
Faculty of Sport, Health and Applied Science
Full time post
Salary range: £42,792 - £46,718
We warmly welcome candidates to come and join the University’s Faculty of Sport, Health and Applied Science is an internationally-recognised centre with established expertise and resources in running Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in the areas of sport, health and exercise sciences.
Within the Faculty the following undergraduate programmes are offered: Sport Science, Sport Rehabilitation, Sports Coaching Science, Strength & Conditioning Science, Health, Exercise and Physical Activity, Nutritional Science and Physics. Postgraduate provision is offered in the areas of Human Physiotherapy, Applied Sports Physiotherapy, Applied Sport & Exercise Physiology, Sport & Exercise Rehabilitation, Applied Sport Psychology and Strength & Conditioning Science. Furthermore, the Faculty’s Centre for Short Courses and CPD offers a range of vocational courses for members of the local community wishing to develop careers in the area of sport, health and fitness.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for UK HCPC registered physiotherapists with an appropriate level of experience in healthcare delivery to join our team to lead and manage module(s) within the BSc Physiotherapy pre-registration programme. They will ensure a high-quality student experience and successful student outcomes. The Clinical areas of interest are:
- Anatomy 1 – Upper Quadrant
- Introduction to Management of Musculoskeletal and Neurological Conditions
- Anatomy 11 – Lower Quadrant
- Integrated Health Care and Professional Practice
- Introduction to Musculoskeletal and Cardiorespiratory Conditions
Personal skills, styles and qualities:
- You will be able to plan, develop and deliver programmes using a wide range of teaching, learning and assessment approaches.
- You will have the ability to motivate, coach and support students and have knowledge of individual learning styles and development needs.
- You will be able to work effectively as a member of a team, effect change where necessary and establish and maintain good relationships with colleagues and students.
- You will be able to facilitate discussions and offer support and guidance to colleagues and students.
- You will possess a high level of communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
For more information about the role and to apply please click here:
Closing Date 9th August 2020 at 23:00
Interviews likely to be held on Thursday 20th August 2020