Technical Support Manager
Within the Faculty of Engineering and Environment we have an exciting opportunity for a qualified, experienced professional to manage our team of Technicians across the areas of Architecture & Built Environment and Mechanical and Construction Engineering. This role is pivotal to ensure that students and staff are able to access the laboratories, workshops and studios safely in the course of their research and learning.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Contributing to the development and delivery of Faculty plans by organising, planning and prioritising own work activities along with the work of others, to ensure short, medium and long-term objectives are met.
- Leading and contributing to the review of processes, procedures and practices within own area of responsibility to ensure that the needs and expectations of relevant stakeholders are met.
- Leading the development of a collaborative, collegiate and inclusive culture, by creating opportunities for sharing information and good practice with others.
- Determining priorities in allocating resources to meet planned objectives and requirements.
- Working collaboratively with other Technical Mangers within the Faculty to ensure consistency of practice.
- Ensuring that staffing levels are maintained during operation hours and that staff resources are used to reflect peaks and troughs in the workload.
The role requires an individual who has an excellent knowledge of Engineering based subjects alongside an understanding of the underpinning legislation, regulations and codes of practice. An ability to think strategically in the allocation of resources, alongside a track record of working within a successful management team are also important.
This presents a fantastic opportunity to work with and continue the development of a team of committed and student focussed Technicians, within an area of the University which has seen significant recent capital investment in STEM facilities and new RIBA Award winning Architecture Studios .
For further information on the role please contact Andrew Bellamy, Faculty Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this vacancy please click 'Apply Now’ and submit a Covering Letter and your CV and where relevant any documents specifically requested in the Role Description and Person Specification.
Northumbria University takes pride in, and values, the quality and diversity of our staff. We welcome applications from all members of the community. The University holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award in recognition of our commitment to improving employment practices for the advancement of gender equality.
Please note this vacancy will close on 19/08/2020
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Research Related jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Other Research Related jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professional Services jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering IT Services jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne