Postdoctoral Research Associate in Neural Tissue Engineering
We are looking for a motivated and talented scientist to join our team at the Francis Crick Institute and King’s College London, to work on an exciting new interdisciplinary project funded by BBSRC.
Our team focuses on combining stem cell technologies, tissue engineering and imaging techniques to understand how the nervous systems works and to model neurodegeneration in a dish.
Projects within our team range from disease modelling, technology development applications and basic neurobiology.
The goal of this project will be to create a novel model platform, that will combine 3D bioprinting, live imaging and in vitro bioengineered modelling techniques we developed, into a single instrument able to construct complex cultures with live cells and extracellular matrix (ECM), dynamically alter their composition, and perform functional analysis of defined sub-populations in a dynamic way.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about interdisciplinary research, knowledgeable about 3D culture systems, stem cells and tissue engineering techniques applied to biological questions, with a strong interest in new technology development. This is a full time fixed-term post for 18 months.
For more info visit our webpage seriolab.com and contact the PI firstname.lastname@example.org
• Design and Implement research activities within the scope of the project, together with the PI
• Contribute intellectually and practically to the overall research operations withing the lab
• Contribute to training and development of other staff and students
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
• PhD awarded or near completion in Tissue Engineering/Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering OR in a Relevant biological discipline (Cell Biology/Neuroscience) with a strong background in technology development OR in Mechanical Engineering with a solid foundation of cell biologyPhD awarded or near completion in Tissue Engineering/Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering OR in a Relevant biological discipline (Cell Biology/Neuroscience) with a strong background in technology development OR in Mechanical Engineering with a solid foundation of cell biology
• Knowledge & Skills in Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering
• Knowledge & Skills in Cell Biology
• Proven track record of interdisciplinary research
• Knowledge & Skills in Neuroscience
• Track record in Instrument Development
• Knowledge & Skills in Imaging Technology
• Knowledge & Skills in Programming