Assistant Professor at the Department of Psychology
THE DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF SOCIAL STUDIES INVITES APPLICATIONS for the position of Assistant Professor at the Department of Psychology
Type of Contract: permanent position with 3-year contract, academic (equivalent to tenure-track position)
Extent: 0.5 to 1.0 FTE (FTE is 40 hours a week)
Expected start: January 2, 2021
Application deadline: September 1, 2020
We are seeking a new colleague for the Work and Organizational Psychology unit of our department. In this position you would be teaching introductory and advanced courses in work and organizational psychology and possibly other courses based on your expertise. You would also be expected to participate in and/or initiate research projects in this area. We are looking for an experienced academic. The position will be initially awarded for 3 year as a part-time or a full-time job. The starting date is January 2021, possibly earlier.
The position includes:
- teaching in B.A. and M.A. psychology programs and supervision of the B.A. and M.A. theses;
- independent research;
- participation in all departmental activities.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Ph.D. preferably in work and organizational psychology;
- English-language teaching experience preferably in work and organizational psychology; ability to teach and prepare courses at undergraduate and graduate levels;
- a track record of productivity with peer-reviewed publication and research grants preferably in work and organizational psychology.
- resources of a successful educational and research institution;
- friendly and supportive environment of a small, research-oriented psychology department;
- career advancement.
- CV including a summary of teaching and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.;
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma;
- a cover letter explaining the applicant’s interest in working at the open position and the applicant’s concept of the research and teaching on the open position (max 1-2p.);
- at least two references letters.
Use the e-application to register for the tender and the documents sending. The deadline for applications is September 1, 2020.
Information about the Department of Psychology: http://www.fss.muni.cz/about_us/workplace/kat_psy/psy_about