Graduate Registrar, Graduate Studies Deanship
As a key member of the graduate enrollment management services team, the incumbent is responsible to effectively manage all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Graduate Registrar and to implement, interpret and enforce policies and regulations of the University and its accreditation agencies in a student-centered and client service-oriented manner.
The incumbent strives to be a leader in the use of the best management techniques by consistently monitoring office practices and procedures related to the Office of the Graduate Registrar and implementing changes to ensure efficient and prompt service based on best practice.
The incumbent assumes accountability for establishing a vision and direction for College graduate program stakeholders on how to best approach graduate enrollment retention in order to enhance student satisfaction and graduation rates.
Under the direction and guidance of the Dean of Graduate Studies:
Graduate Student Records and Enrollment Management
- Maintains a high degree of proficiency in the operation and application of Ellucian Banner (vs. 8.0 or better) Student Information System to maximize efficient use in support of the graduate enterprise.
- Leads in developing/improving/maintaining quality control mechanisms and effective registration processes to ensure/improve accuracy, consistency, fidelity and security of graduate student academic data and records, integrity of degrees, timely and efficient delivery of services to graduate program stakeholders and compliance with policies of accrediting agencies.
- Assumes accountability for effectively leading all registration operations including graduate student academic records management, graduate student registration, enrollment verification, academic standing, transfer credits, academic transcripts, financial/academic degree audit and graduation approval to ensure accuracy and adherence to policy and procedure.
- Provides relevant information to graduate students as well as internal and external stakeholders as requested.
- Spearheads research and analysis to enable resolution of graduate student issues including academic records, grades, transcripts, enrollment status.
- Advises the Dean of Graduate Studies regarding graduate student academic performance issues, graduate student appeals, financial holds and other issues that require the Dean’s approval.
- Oversees graduate course section creation in Ellucian Banner to assure timely graduate student registrations.
- Liaises with the University Registrar as required to align graduate and undergraduate student records.
- Assumes accountability for leading in the identification, implementation and maintenance of web-based applications and technical solutions to streamline business processes.
Graduate Enrollment Reports
- Oversees and is accountable for tracking, analyzing and reporting enrollment related data including graduate student registration, graduation, persistence, grade distribution and key performance data as necessary to assure compliance with federal and accrediting agency requirements and as directed by internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintains effective and professional communication with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accountability, compliance and maintenance of best practices for all registration functions.
- Acts as primary contact for graduate student sponsors to maintain good communication and high satisfaction.
- Acts as primary information resource for graduate students and faculty by actively seeking ways to effectively communicate council, inform and advise these constituents regarding their rights and responsibilities as described by approved University policies and procedures.
- Actively support institutional graduate program stakeholders and participates in the effective coordination and planning of the graduate program orientation seminar and other related events.
- In liaison with the Manager Graduate Programs Marketing and Development, actively support in the administration of graduate course and instructor evaluations.
- Leads in coordinating with the Office of the Vice President and senior management on all aspects for the master’s degree graduation to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information.
Graduate Student Policy and Procedure
- Actively supports graduate students as well as internal and external graduate program stakeholders by accurately communicating and interpreting relevant policy and procedure.
- Enforces compliance with accrediting agency policy, University by-laws and Zayed University Catalog requirements as they pertain to the Office of the Graduate Registrar.
- Spearheads the analyses of graduate student enrollment data for administrative use in formulating policies/procedures.
- Actively supports the Dean of Graduate Studies and the Manager Graduate Programs Marketing and Development to review existing and draft new policies and procedures that accurately reflect best international practice.
- Shares responsibility with the Manager Graduate Programs Marketing and Development to review and update the Graduate Student Handbook to ensure accurate information for graduate students.
Graduate Student Enrollment and Retention
- Assumes accountability for monitoring graduate student academic progress and originating update correspondence to graduate students and sponsors to support timely program completion.
- Proactively assess and reports graduate enrollment data to identify patterns that inform strategic retention initiatives.
- Works closely with the Dean of Graduate Studies to inform institutional stakeholders on matters related to graduate enrollment retention.
- Assumes accountability in partnership with the College graduate program stakeholders, for developing, executing and evaluating a strategic Graduate Student Retention Plan to strengthen retention and graduation rates for graduate students at Zayed University.
- Acts as Secretary for the University Standing Committee on Graduate Affairs and for Graduate Council.
- Serves on various University committees and advisory groups as required by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Actively engages and contributes to graduate enrolment management activities within the University.
- Effectively contributes to additional projects and other duties as required by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and d minimum of 7 years’ progressive work experience related to academic registration function or an equivalent combination of skill and/or experience.
- Specific experience in implementing, configuring and maintaining a student information system (preferably Banner).
Other essential requirements
- Expert working knowledge of Ellucian Banner (vs. 8.0 or better).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with collecting, analyzing and presenting institutional research data, and predictive enrolment data analytics.
- Sound understanding of organizational and governance structures, and general academic policies and regulations in higher education institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and implement relevant policy and procedures in a higher education setting.
- Effective communication in Arabic and English at a high level, both verbally and in writing including the ability to engage in one-on-one and in public forum.
- Commitment to high ethical standards and integrity in the performance of responsibilities.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work confidentiality and with discretion.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment that delivers superlative customer service outcomes on a consistent basis.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a large volume of work while displaying attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities, especially in cases requiring quick action and resolution.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations, workloads and deadline pressures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evening and weekend hours to meet operational needs.
- Annual leave may be restricted during graduate student course registration deadline dates and master’s degree graduation periods.
Desired or Preferred Requirements
- Prior project management experience, from initial concept design through execution and implementation.
- Experience in graduate enrollment management.
- Knowledge of graduate student retention initiatives and strategies.
- A master’s degree in any area is preferred.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview